Rice Moo-long Rice
Learn how to make this delicious tea-infused side dish! Infusing rice with tea is such a great way to add a tasty twist into a simple meal - it's sure to impress your friends!
This recipe was created by Tea Rep: Hyperiontacos
What you will need:
- 1 cup long grain brown rice
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1-inch piece of ginger, peeled
- 1.5 tbsp Rice Moo-Long tea
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- Parsley, to garnish
- Soy sauce, to taste
What to do:
1. The first thing you need to do is place your Rice Moo-Long tea in a tea ball or similarly enclosed metal strainer.
2. Next, you will need to cook the brown rice, adding the tea ball and ginger once the water has come to a boil.
3. Five minutes before the rice is ready, add the garlic and turmeric, stirring well. This will impart a lovely golden colour and savoury aroma.
4. When rice has finished cooking, remove tea ball and ginger and discard.
5. Serve the rice garnished with parsley and a side of soy sauce.