Chocolate Digestives Negroni Tea Cocktail
I've merged two of my favourite things in life, cocktails and tea. This is a twist on the classic Negroni: the Chocolate Digestive NegronTEA. Here's how to make it at home.
Recipe by what_sarah_eats
What you will need:
- 200ml gin
- 2 tablespoons of Chocolate Digestive tea
- A sealable container
To make the cocktail you will need:
- 25ml infused gin
- 25ml sweet vermouth - such as Martini Rosso 25ml bitter liqueur - such as Campari Ice
- Orange zest - for garnish
- Collins glass and bar spoon - to stir
- Short glass to serve
What to do:
To infuse the gin:
1. Pour 200ml of gin into the container and add the tea bags or loose tea, give it a mix and then seal. Leave it in a cool, dark place for around 2 hours for the flavours to infuse. This will make enough for 8 drinks, so perfect if you have some friends coming round!
2. After 2 hours, remove the tea bag from the gin or if you've used the tea loose, strain it off. Now your gin is ready to use!
To make the cocktail:
1. Add 25ml infused gin to your glass
2. Add 25ml sweet vermouth
3. Add 25 ml bitters
4. Add a good hanful of ice
5. Stir the mixture to dilute the drink until the volume has increased by half
6. Strain into the short glass, top with ice and garnish with the orange zest