Bears Like Marmalade Cake
The Hibiscus, apple, orange, rosehip and lemon add a spring freshness to this delicious cake, bake as a loaf and leave plain for a tasty breakfast snack (you can even slice and toast it, it’s delicious with a layer of peanut butter!) or ice it and eat at regular intervals throughout the day with a large cup of tea! Recipe by Bugs and Birds.
What you will need:
- 195g dairy free margarine
- 175g caster sugar
- 1 large orange
- egg replacement powder
- 75g orange marmalade
- 100g icing sugar
- 6 tsp Bears Like Marmalade tea
What to do:
1. Place 175g of dairy free margarine in a pan and melt on a low heat, once completely meltedadd four teaspoons of Bears Like Marmalade tea.
2. Allow to simmer and infuse for 10 minutes then strain the tea from the margarine using a sieve and place in the fridge to cool until set.
3. Once set, cream the margarine and sugar.
4. Separately mix three teaspoons of egg replacement powder with 6 tablespoons warm water until the mixture is smooth, slowly add to the margarine and sugar mixture.
5. Add the marmalade and rind of 1 orange to the mixture.
6. Slowly fold in the flour using a metal spoon.
7. Place mixture in a greased and lined loaf tin.
8. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 40 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
9. Leave cake to cool and make your icing!
10. Steep 2 teaspoons of Bears Like Marmalade in approx 20mls hot water.
11. Place the left over 20g margarine in a bowl, sieve in icing sugar.
12. After 4 minutes strain your tea and add to the margarine and icing sugar. Mix until smooth.
13. Slather over your cake and decorate as you see fit. We used crystallised rind pieces and orange peel.