Raw Matcha + Coconut Brownie Slice
This raw matcha coconut brownie is so simple to make and it's vegan friendly, dairy + gluten-free and refined sugar-free. It's full of superfood goodness and tastes amazing! Follow this simple recipe for the perfect afternoon tea treat or ultimate energy boosting snack for on the go. Recipe courtesy of blogger SpamellaB.
Serves: 6 - 8
What you will need:
For the brownie base:
- 1 cup dates
- ½ cup oats
- ½ cup walnuts
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
For the topping:
- 1 + ½ cups unsweetened desiccated coconut
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 Perfect Matcha Spoon Matcha Powder
- 1 tbsp of honey
To decorate - melted dark (vegan) chocolate
What to do:
1. First make the base: place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend well, until broken down and slightly sticky - the mixture should come together. Tip out and use your fingers to press into the base of your tin. Spread out evenly, then place in the fridge while you make the coconut topping.
2. Combine the topping ingredients in a food processor until thoroughly mixed and quite sticky. Tip this onto the chilled brownie base and use your hands to press it evenly on top. Chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
3. Gently melt some dark chocolate and drizzle on top. Carefully remove from the tin and slice into servings - now enjoy!
Keep any remaining slices in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.