Peaches & Cream Matcha Pinwheel Biscuits
Tea & biscuits = the perfect combo! So, why not try something new and bake this delicious peaches & cream pinwheel biscuits to accompany your next cuppa!
This yummy recipe was created by Tea Rep: Ladyos_cakesandbakes
What you will need:
For the matcha dough:
For the vanilla dough:
- 85g unsalted butter
- 45g sugar
- 130g plain flour
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
What to do:
1. For the matcha dough, cream together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
2. Beat in the flour and matcha powder until fully incorporated.
3. Using your hands, bring the dough together into a ball and wrap in baking paper.
4. For the vanilla dough, cream together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
5. Beat in the flour and vanilla extract until fully incorporated.
6. Using your hands, bring the dough together into a ball and wrap in baking paper.
7. Pop both doughs into the fridge and chill for 30 minutes – 1 hour.
8. Once chilled, remove from the fridge and roll each dough out separately into a rectangle roughly 22x15cm. The matcha dough can be a little crumbly, so you can roll it out in the paper you wrapped it in to stop it falling apart!
9. Place the matcha dough on top of the vanilla dough and roll over lightly with a rolling pin to ensure they are stuck together.
10. Using the baking paper to help, tightly roll the doughs together from the long end to create a cylinder.
11. Wrap in baking paper and put back in the fridge for a further 15 minutes to firm up.
12. Preheat the oven to 160C fan oven or gas mark 4.
13. Grease and line a baking sheet. Remove the dough from the fridge and slice into rounds. Place on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes until firm and lightly browned.
14. Let them cool & enjoy!