Apple & Pears Matcha Crumble
Recipe & photo by Tea Mixologist, Dane, from our Borough store.
What you will need:
for the filling
- 2 apple
- 1 pear
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
For the crumble
- 4/5 Perfect Matcha spoons worth of Apple & Pears Matcha
- 175g plain flour
- 115g caster suger
- 110g butter (I used dairy free)
- 1 tbsp rolled oats
- 1 tbsp demerara suger
What to do:
1. Heat the oven to 190C/170 fan/gas 5.
2. Peel, de-core and slice apples and pear with 2 tbsp golden caster sugar & put in a 20cm circular or square baking tray. Flatten down with your hand to prevent too much crumble falling through.
3. Put the matcha, plain flour & caster sugar in a bowl with a good pinch of salt.
4. Slice in cold butter and rub it in with your fingertips until the mixture looks like moist breadcrumbs.
5. Pour the crumb mix over the apples to form a pile in the centre, then use a fork to even out.
6. Gently press the surface with the back of the fork so the crumble holds together and goes crisp, then lightly drag the fork over the top for a decorative finish.
7. Sprinkle rolled oats & demerara sugar over evenly, if you wish.
8. Set on a baking tray and put in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, until the top is golden & the apples feel very soft when you insert a small, sharp knife.
9. Leave to cool for 10 minutes before serving.