How to make matcha in 5 easy steps
Follow our easy steps to prepare matcha as a hot cup of tea below. Matcha is a green powder, traditionally made from ground Japanese green tea leaves. As matcha comes in a powder form it needs to be whisked with water, or milk, in order to drink it. Preparing your own matcha is a very straight forward task and is a nice therapeutic 5 mins just to yourself! Our quick and easy steps will help you make the perfect matcha everyday.
Make matcha green tea powder - the easy way!
1. Take a Perfect Matcha Spoon of matcha and add to your mug.
2. Add a splash of warm water (a drop of cold and a drop of hot water works great)
3. Grab your matcha whisk and whisk in a W shape until it is frothy, make sure no matcha blobs are around the side of the mug!
We suggest using our mini matcha whisk to use in a mug, you can find it in our Matcha Solo Travel Kit (it comes with a handy mini tin to get you started)!
4. Once you have a liquid paste texture top up your cup with hot water, stirring as you go.
5. Add a splash of almond milk and honey if you wish and enjoy!
Top Tip: If you prefer to use orange juice or milk (hot or cold) instead of water for step 4 you can do!
The traditional way to make matcha - with a matcha bowl
Now for those who want to be a true matcha master, this is the traditional and best way to enjoy your matcha! We find it's a nice therapeutic ritual when you just need 5 mins to yourself to make a mindful cup of matcha!
The instructions are very similar to making matcha the easy way (shown above), except in this variation you will need a matcha bowl and our bigger Matcha Bamboo Whisk!
We've also put together a 'how to make matcha in 5 easy steps' video below, just so you really nail the perfect cup of matcha!
Check out our favourite matcha recipes Mix up your matcha into a smoothie, ice cream or even a face mask...