Dozy Girl Tea Shortbread
One of our Tea Reps has created a super tasty shortbread recipe, using our Dozy Girl tea. We love a good cup of Dozy Girl and love a good shortbread biscuit, so we think it's a match made in heaven! Why not try them out for yourself? If Dozy Girl isn't your cup of tea, you can make it with your favourite blend!
This recipe made by our Tea Rep: Nutsmegs, Seven
What you will need:
For the Dozy Girl sugar:
100g caster sugar
4 table spoons of Dozy Girl
For the shortbread:
115g of soft butter
60g Dozy Girl sugar
A pinch of salt
130g plain flour
40g rice flour
What to do:
To make the Dozy Girl sugar:
1. Put your 100g of caster sugar and 4 table spoons of Dozy Girl in a food processor and whizz them all together until fully combined.
For the shortbread:
1. The first thing you need to do is put your butter into a large mixing bowl, grab a wooden spoon and beat the butter until it becomes softer and creamy.
2. When your butter is nice and creamy, you can add your sugar and salt and give it a good mix. When that is combined, sift in the flour and give it another mix until everything is fully combined and you've made a nice dough (your arm muscles may hurt a little after this!).
3. Once you've made your dough, you then need to flour a flat surface so that you're dough doesn't stick to it. Then, grab yourself a rolling pin and roll your dough out until it's only 1cm thick.
4. The next step is to find yourself a cookie cutter to cut out the shapes of your shortbread. We decided to go for a heart shape but you can do whatever shape you'd like.
5. When you've got all of your shortbread cookies ready, place them on a baking tray covered in parchment paper and put them in the fridge to firm up for 15 minutes. Whilst they are in there cooling down and firming up, you can pre-heat the oven to 150c.
6. After the 15 minutes are up, take the shortbread out the fridge and bake them in the oven for 30 minutes (don't forget to set a timer so they don't burn). Pull them out the oven when they're done and sprinkle them with sugar and let them cool completely.
7. Make yourself a cuppa, grab a biscuit and enjoy!