Spiced Pumpkin Pie Truffles
We've combined all of the flavours of Autumn and made them into some delicious chocolate truffles! These creamy, spiced truffles are made using our Spiced Pumpkin Pie tea and Toffee Apple Matcha. Are you going to give them a go?
This recipe was created by Tea Rep: hyperiontacos
Makes: 2 dozen truffles
What you will need:
- 2 tbsp of Spiced Pumpkin Pie tea
- 2 tbsp of Toffee Apple Matcha
- 1/3 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1 cup of vegan-friendly gingersnaps, crushed
- 4oz of vegan cream cheese
- 2 tbsp of powdered sugar
- 2 cups of chocolate chips of chocolate
- 1 Perfect Tea Spoon of almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 tbsp of granulated sugar
What to do:
1. The first thing you need to do is crush the Spiced Pumpkin Pie tea with a mortar and pestle or spice grinder until powdery.
2. Then, in a mixing bowl, combine with the crushed gingersnaps, vegan cream cheese, pumpkin puree, and powdered sugar and mix until well combined. Chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
3. When the hour is up, remove chilled mixture from the fridge and roll into 1 tbsp balls. then, put them back in the fridge to chill until firm.
4. While filling chills, mix the Toffee Apple Matcha with granulated sugar in a small bowl.
5. Once balls of filling have firmed in the fridge, melt the chocolate together with almond milk in the microwave or over a double boiler, stirring until smooth and glossy.
6. Working quickly so filling remains firm, dip each refrigerated ball into the chocolate, coating it thoroughly.
7. Dust with a sprinkle of the matcha-sugar mixture and put back in the fridge to set completely!