Spiced Pumpkin Pie Cinnamon Rolls (vegan)
There's not a lot better than a freshly baked cinnamon roll... But what about one infused with Spiced Pumpkin Pie?! It's gotta be a winner! Make your own with this simple recipe!
This amazing recipe was created by Tea Reps: bugsandbirds
Makes: 24 servings
What you will need:
What to do:
1. In a small saucepan on a low heat add the milk and margarine allowing to warm until mixed together thoroughly.
3. Remove from heat and strain the tea with a sieve pouring the melted margarine and milk into a large mixing bowl. Allow it to cool until the mixture is only slightly warm to the touch (if it is too hot it will kill the yeast).
4. Set aside 2 tbsp of the tea-infused mixture, you will use this later.
5. Sprinkle in the yeast and allow it to activate for 10 minutes. Then add 2 tbsp of your sugar and the salt and stir.
6. Sieve and add the flour a little at a time, stirring as you go with a metal spoon the mixture will form into a sticky dough.
7. When the dough is too thick to stir and no longer sticking to the sides of the mixing bowl transfer it to a lightly floured surface and knead for a minute or so until it forms a loose ball (be careful not to over knead).
8. Coat a clean bowl with almond oil and pop your dough ball back in, covered with clingfilm. Then, place the bowl in a warm place to rise for about 1 hour or until it has doubled in size.
9. While your dough rises, make your cinnamon butter to go inside the cinnamon rolls by mixing 6 tbsp soft margarine with the rest of your sugar and cinnamon, set aside.
10. First, you'll need to thoroughly grease a deep baking dish with dairy free margarine.
11. Then, on a lightly floured surface roll out your dough into a thin rectangle. Spread the rolled out dough evenly with the cinnamon butter.
12. Next, starting at one end, tightly roll up the dough and place seam side down.
13. Cut the dough into even sections and place in your pre-prepared dish. You should have 20-24 individual rolls.
14. Brush your rolls with the melted tea infusion you set aside earlier and then cover with clingfilm to allow to rise again whilst your oven heats up.
15. While the dough rises, warm your oven to 180 C.
16. When it has risen, bake for 25-30 minutes, until slightly brown and take out the oven to cool down.
17. Whilst allowing the rolls to cool brew a large cup of spiced pumpkin pie tea, take 1 or 2 tbsp of the tea and use it to mix your icing sugar into a smooth thick icing.
18. Drizzle the icing over your cinnamon rolls.
19. Serve yourself a delicious spiced pumpkin pie cinnamon roll to enjoy with your cup of tea immediately!