Pear & Nordic Berry Matcha Upside Down Cake
Learn how to make this delicious Pear & Nordic Berry Matcha Upside Down Cake! Made using our NEW Nordic Berry Matcha - It's a great way to add an antioxidant boost to your dessert!
This recipe was created by lovely Tea Rep: Amyleecupoftea
What you will need:
What to do:
1. First things first you will need to preheat your open at 180°C and make space to pop your cake on the lowest oven rack.
2. You will then need to butter your cake tin and then put all of your pear halves side by side on the bottom of the cake tin.
3. Start by mixing together the flour, baking powder, salt and Nordic Berry Matcha then set this bowl aside.
4. In a new bowl use an electric mixer to whisk your egg whites while slowly adding in ¾ cup/ 160g of sugar, you need this to form soft peaks.
5. In another bowl mix together the melted butter, remaining sugar, egg yolks and vanilla then slowly add the dry ingredients and milk.
6. Fold in the egg white mixture using a spatula.
7. Spoon your cake mix over the pear halves and pop it in the oven for approximately 50 mins.
8. Let your cake cool completely before removing it from the tin.
9. Enjoy your yummy cake!!