MojiTEA Iced Tea / Cocktail
This amazing MojiTEA Iced Tea / Cocktail recipe uses Bird & Blend Tea Co.’s MojiTEA loose leaf tea blend to create a delicious and refreshing iced tea. Our expert Tea Mixologists love to add a little rum to make an incredible tea cocktail, bursting with lime and mint flavours.
Even better, this recipe has no added sugar and (apart from the alcohol!) is practically calorie free. Healthy cocktail heaven!
What you will need:
- 4 Perfect Teaspoons of MojiTEA loose leaf tea
- 900ml hot water
- Fresh mint leaves
- 2 limes
- 1 cup of ice
- 50ml rum or gin (optional for cocktail)
What to do:
1. Cover your MojiTEA loose leaf tea tea leaves in 1cm of cold water. Add the boiling water and brew for a maximum of 4 minutes.
2. Strain and place in the fridge to cool. Alternatively, you can put your MojiTEA in a Cold Brew Bottle in the fridge overnight and strain tomorrow (for an extra strong taste).
3. When ready to serve, bruise your fresh mint leaves by rubbing them between your hands (or muddle with rum if you are a true cocktail connoisseur!) and add to your pitcher/glass/cocktail shaker.
4. Slice lime into wedges and squeeze the juice into pitcher/glass/cocktail shaker- then add lime slices too.
5. Add your cooled tea and plenty of ice. Shake it baby (or stir if you are using a pitcher or glass!) Top up with 50ml water (or spirit of your choice for a cheeky cocktail!) and stir well.
6. Garnish your glass with sugar around the rim and lime peel and enjoy!
You can also use raspberries in this recipe to make a yummy raspberry mint MojiTEA! Just muddle with the mint.