Matcha homemade face mask
Give your skin a revitalising refresh with this matcha based recipe for a homemade face mask!
If the temperamental British weather has taken its toll on your skin, this recipe is for you! This toxic-blasting, antioxidant rich face mask packs a (soothing) punch, and won’t break the bank! The best bit? You can make it in your own kitchen, using our Super Matcha Powder!
What you will need:
2 tbs coconut oil
3 tbs Bentonite clay
- 1 tbs matcha
- 1 tbs aloe vera gel
- 100ml green tea (heavily steeped)
- 6 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 4 drops of eucalyptus essential oil
- A bowl (preferably a glass or metal one)
What to do:
1. Combine the coconut oil, aloe vera, matcha and bentonite clay in a bowl.
2. Mix these ingredients together with a spoon, using the back of the spoon to really blend in the coconut oil.
3. When a paste begins to form, slowly add in the steeped green tea a little at a time. You don’t want to make it too watery- you want a sticky, mask-like consistency.
4. Add in the essential oils, and mix well to be sure they are evenly combined.
5. You’re done! The result should be a dark, thick, sticky paste: perfect to slap on!
How to use:
Apply a generous amount of your matcha face mask to clean, damp skin on your face and neck. Allow to set for 15 minutes before rinsing off with warm water.
Happy face mask making! Be sure to tag us in any photos on Instagram @birdandblendtea so we can see all your matcha covered faces!
Everything you need for this recipe:
Our hand-blended matcha powder comes in a range of amazing flavours so you can get experimenting with your homemade face mask recipes. Matcha has many multiples more antioxidants than regular green tea and is great for your skin.