Matcha Granola Recipe
Our good friend + blogger The Happy Skin Kitchen has whipped up a storm with this superfood-infused matcha granola recipe. It's the perfect healthy breakfast to kick start your day!
'I love serving it with fresh berries and coconut yogurt- but even with just a splash of any milk of your
choice would be utterly delicious. It’s also a great breakfast for those sleepy mornings when you need
an extra boost of energy to start your day.' - Elisa, The Happy Skin Kitchen
Serves: 4-6 (recipe yields 1 regular sized jar)
What you will need:
- 1 cup of jumbo oats
- ½ cup of mixed nuts of your choice (I have used a mix of almonds and pecans)
- ½ cup of pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup of flaked almonds
- ½ cup of sultanas
- ½ cup of unsweetened coconut chips
- 2 Perfect Tea Spoons of Bird & Blend's Pure Grade Matcha Green Tea Powder
- 3 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup (or liquid sweetener of your choice)
What to do:
1. Start by preheating the oven at 150°c.
2. Roughly chop the nuts. You can also use a food processor (just make sure they are not turning into
flour; you still want to have quite generously sized pieces).
3. Place the oats, chopped nuts, pumpkin seeds, flaked almonds and coconut chips into a mixing bowl.
Pour over the melted coconut oil and the liquid sweeter of your choice. Mix everything well together.
4. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and spread the granola mixture onto the baking tray using a
spatula or the back of a spoon. Bake the granola for 1 hour. Every 15-20 minutes, make sure to give
the granola a good stir so it bakes evenly. The granola will be ready once it is a lovely golden brown colour.