Deckchair Dreaming Sugar Cookies
These delicious sugar cookies not only look amazing, but they are very special because they are infused with our new, limited edition Deckchair Dreaming tea!
This amazing recipe was created by our lovely Tea Rep: Withlovebeautyblog
Makes: 16 - 18
What you will need:
For the cookies:
- 5 tbsp of Deckchair Dreaming
- 1 1/2 cups of unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 Perfect Tea Spoon of orange zest
- 1 Perfect Tea Spoon of lemon zest
- 1 Perfect Tea Spoon of lime zest
- 1 Perfect Tea Spoon of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups of cake flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp of cornstarch
- 1 Perfect Tea Spoon of baking powder
- 1/2 Perfect Tea Spoon of salt
For the rolling sugar:
- 1/2 cups baking sugar crystals or raw sugar
- 1/2 Perfect Tea Spoon of orange zest
- 1/2 Perfect Tea Spoon of lemon zest
- 1/2 Perfect Tea Spoon of lime zest
For the icing:
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter over low heat. Once melted, add your Deckchair Dreaming tea and steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain the butter/tea mixture and put in the fridge to solidify.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the solidified butter and sugar until creamy and well blended, about 2-3 minutes. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the mixer as needed.
- Add the orange, lemon, and lime zest to the mixer, and blend together for about 30 seconds.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract, and blend together until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the cake flour, all-purpose flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt.
- With the mixer on low speed, gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture until they are fully combined. You then want to shape the dough into a disc, wrap them in wax paper and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- While the dough is cooling off in the fridge, mix together the rolling sugar with 1/2 Perfect Tea Spoon of orange zest, lemon zest and lime zest.
- Once the dough has chilled, form the dough into balls and roll into the zesty citrus sugar. Place the cookies on a baking tray covered in parchment paper and use your hand to flatten the cookies.
- Bake your cookies at 350 degrees for 10-11 minutes and whilst they are getting all tasty, mix together your icing ingredients to make the icing.
- When your timer has gone off, remove your cookies from the oven and allow to cool for 5 - 10 minutes before transferring them onto a cooling rack.
- Drizzle the icing over the cookies once they have cooled. We went for a creative 'zig zag' pattern.
- Make yourself a cuppa & enjoy!
Everything you need for this recipe:
Our IngenuiTEA tea brewers are perfect for making iced teas without any mess or if you want to leave your tea overnight to steep you can experiment with a Cold Brew Bottle.