Chilli Kale Matcha Falafels
Spice up your day with this twist on a classic Middle Eastern dish. Learn how to make delicious Chilli Kale Matcha infused falafels that'll tickle your taste buds. Full of flavour, they're sure to be a hit at home!
Recipe by Tea Rep Fabienne
What you will need:
- 1 Perfect Matcha Spoon of Chilli Kale Matcha
- 200g chickpeas
- 30g of nuts (we reccomend a mixture of cashews and almonds)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/4 of a chili pepper (optional)
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp of flour (optional)
- 1 tsp of flaxseeds
- 1 tsp of tumeric
- 1 tsp of black sesame
- A big handful of peppermint leaves
- A pinch of salt & pepper
What to do:
1. Put the chickpeas, nuts and garlic into a blender and pulse for a couple of times until they are roughly chopped.
2. Next, add the Chilli Kale Matcha, flaxseeds, tumeric, salt & pepper, olive oil, black sesame, chili pepper and flour to the blender. Get blending!
3. Now add the peppermint leaves to the blender and pulse again.
4. Once all ingredients have been blended, remove the mixture from the blender and shape into walnut-sized balls.
5. Now heat a pan on medium-high and cook the falafels until golden-brown. Alternatively, you can cook the falafels in 180° C oven for 10-15 minutes.
We recommend you serve these delicious falafels with vegetables and yoghurt sauce in a pitta bread or in a salad!