WhiskTEA Mini Pecan Pies
We love pecan pie, especially as a dessert! So, we thought we'd combine it with our new Autumn blend, WhiskTEA... It was a huge success!
This recipe was created by Tea Rep: Amyleecupoftea
What you will need:
What to do:
1. Firstly you’re going to need to preheat your oven to 220°C and brew up your WhiskTEA. You need to use 3 teaspoons for 1 mug as you want it to be really strong.
2. roll out your pastry and cut them into circles using a cookie-cutter, they need to be big enough to fit in the muffin/cupcake tin that you are using
3. Place them into your tin, pushing them slightly in the centre to turn them into a pie shell shape, pop them in the fridge until you need them.
4. Roughly chop up your pecans & melt your vegan butter in a saucepan over a medium heat, once fully melted, whisk in the flour and continue to whisk until golden (this should only take a couple of minutes).
5. Whisk in your brewed Whisktea tea then slowly add in maple syrup, sugar and salt, stir until it's all lovely and thick and bubbly.
6. Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla extract and chopped pecans.
7. Scoop into your pastry (avoid scooping the pecan mixture directly into your mouth) and bake until the crust is golden - roughly 20/25 mins.