Vegan Raspberry Russian Brownies
Learn how to make delicious vegan Raspberry Russian tea infused brownies. A perfect summer treat to be enjoyed alone or with friends (if you're in the mood to share!)
Recipe created by our talented Teabirds Bugs and Birds
What you will need:
- 3 Perfect Tea Spoons of Raspberry Russian tea (or another tea of your choice)
- 150g dark chocolate (we used Lindt 90%)
- 170g of self-raising flour
- 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 180g of golden caster sugar
- 230ml of unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or another non-dairy alternative)
- 150g of frozen raspberries
- 5 tablespoons of sunflower oil
- pinch of salt
What to do:
1. Preheat your oven to 180ºC/350ºF. Grease your baking tin (we used a square tin roughly 20cm in size) with some oil and then line with grease proof paper.
2. Break 150g of your chocolate into a glass bowl resting over a pan of boiling water. Stir the chocolate as it melts and make sure that the base of the bowl doesn’t touch the water at any point.
3. Whilst your chocolate is melting, sieve 170g of self-raising flour and 3tbsp of cocoa powder into a large mixing bowl.
4. Now add 180g of golden caster sugar and 5 tablespoons of your oil (with a pinch of salt) to the bowl.
5. Strain your tea and pour it into a large bowl with the melted chocolate. You'll need to give it a good mix to make sure all ingredients are combined.
6. Mix in most of the frozen raspberries, leaving a few to be scattered on top.
7. Pour the mixture into your tin and spread evenly, sprinkling a few of the remaining raspberries on top.
8. Bake in the oven for 25-35 minutes, or until it’s cooked on the outside but still gooey inside.
9. Leave to cool for 10 minutes and serve warm with vegan coconut ice cream. We have a great recipe for this here.