Vegan No Bake Peach Matcha Tart
We've only gone and made one of the most delicious NO BAKE (whaaat?!) Peaches & Cream Matcha Tarts! This tasty treat isn't only delicious, it's full of antioxidants and 100% vegan-friendly!
This incredible recipe was created by our lovely Tea Reps: Bugsandbirds
Serves: 8 - 10
What you will need:
For the base:
- 300g oats
- 15-20 pitted dates (chopped)
- 50 g mixed nuts (or nuts of your choice)
- 1 tbsp syrup (we used golden but you could replace with agave syrup)
- 4 tbsp vegan margarine spread (melted)
- Coconut oil for greasing the tin
For the filling:
What to do:
To make the base:
- Grease a loose-bottom tart tin and set aside.
- Add oats and nuts in a blender and mix until roughly ground. We chopped our nuts first to make this easier. Add in syrup and melted spread gradually and blend until the mixture is sticky and holds together. You may need to add more wet ingredients to get the desired texture or you can also add melted coconut oil if it’s not holding together.
- Press the crust mixture into your tin making sure it goes up the sides and covers the bottom and place in the fridge whilst you make the filling.
To make the filling:
- Peel and chop your peaches into small chunks and blend with the lemon juice.
- Pour coconut milk into a saucepan and heat gently. Add your Peaches & Cream Matcha powder and stir until dissolved. Add peach mixture then the agar agar powder and cornflower and stir until dissolved. Bring to the boil for 1 minute then remove from heat.
- Strain the mixture into a bowl to remove all lumps and give your tart a lovely smooth finish then pour over the prepared base.
- Leave to set in the fridge for 3-5 hours (or overnight) and decorate with peach slices and berries. Remove from fridge an hour before serving.