Turmeric Matcha Shortbread
We had a blast at all of our launch parTEAs! We've had a lot of requests from some of our Brighton bound Teabirds for the recipe of our delicious Tumeric Matcha Shortbread. So we thought we'd share this tasty recipe with all of you so you can try them for yourselves!
Recipe was created by our expert Bird & Blend baker, Sam!
Serves: 8 - 12
What you will need:
What to do:
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C
2. Beat together your butter and sugar until nicely combined (no need to get it light and fluffy - you just want to bring them together!).
3. In a different bowl, mix your Turmeric Matcha and plain flour together - sieve these into your butter mixture.
4. Stir your flour mixture and butter mixture together - get your hands in there if you need to!
5. Roll your dough out onto a floured work surface until it's about 1cm thick, cut your biscuits into your desired shape (triangles are perfect for dunking into a cuppa!) And pop your biscuits onto a lined baking tray.
7. Bake your biscuits for approximately 15 mins, they should be slightly golden at the edges.
8. Allow to cool and enjoy with a cuppa!
Everything you need for this recipe:
If you try these out, make sure your tag us in a pic on Instagram or Twitter at @birdandblendtea. You could also try this with some different flavour matcha, we've put some suggestions down below...