Spearmint S'cream Matcha Creme Brulee
Having a dinner party? Fancy something a little different for dessert? We've got the perfect recipe for you! This Creme Brulee is infused with our Spearming S'cream Matcha to give it a slight minty flavour and a huge punch of antioxidants!
This recipe was created by Tea Rep: K.offeehugs
What you will need:
What to do:
Before you start, preheat your oven to 170c.
1. The first thing you need to do is beat the egg yolks with the sugar until you can draw a figure 8 with the batter.
2. Scrape out the vanilla from the pod and put it with the milk and the Spearmint S'cream Matcha into a pot. Turn on the heat and let the mixture come to a simmer.
3. Add a splash of the warm mixture into the egg batter to temper it. Then slowly drizzle the remaining liquid into the batter while whisking continuously.
4. Put your ramekins into a metal sheet and pour water into the sheet until it covers a third of the height of the ramekins. Pour the mixture through a strainer into the ramekins.
5. Bake them in the oven for 30-45 minutes.
6. Let the crème brûlée cool down and put them into the fridge for 1 hour or longer.
7. Pour sugar in an even layer over the surface and put the ramekins under the broiler for a few minutes until the sugar caramelises.
8. Let the sugar solidify again and enjoy!
We think this recipe would taste great with other flavours of matcha too. See our suggestions below..