Smoky Russian Sorbet
Deep, creamy & a warming kick to boot! This recipe was created by our good friend, Seb, from Boho Gelato! The recipe is originally designed for a powerful, professional ice cream machine, but Seb has kindly adapted it for us to make on a home style machine or electric whisk*!
Makes 1L of sorbet
What you need:
- 700ml water
- Smoky Russian tea.
- 300g of sugar
- Lemon juice
- Home style ice cream or electric whisk*
- Heat 700ml of water in a pan and when almost boiling add a small handful Smoky Russian tea.
- Infuse to your taste (Usually 4 minutes for me) then strain out the tea, rinse the pan and return the liquid to the pan.
- Put back on the heat and add 300g of sugar and little lemon juice to taste.
- Once the sugar dissolves add a half teaspoon of cornflour in a little water and continue to heat until the texture becomes slightly syrupy.
- *Allow to cool then place into a home style ice cream machine and churn until soft like snow.
*If you don't have an ice cream machine, place in a bowl and put in the freezer. Every 20 minutes take out and whisk with an electric whisk. Continue this process until the desired texture has been reached.