Salted Caramel Matcha Hot Chocolate
If salted caramel is your indulgence you're going to love this recipe! Learn how to make a deliciously smooth Salted Caramel Matcha hot chocolate that'll delight your senses. This is the ultimate drink to cozy up with!
Recipe by our TeaRep Audrey
What you will need:
To make the hot chocolate you'll need:
- 1 Perfect Matcha Spoon of Salted Caramel Matcha
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup of caramel sauce
- Sweetened whipped cream
To make the caramel sauce you'll need:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water (you will need an additional 2 tbsp of water later on)
- 1/4 cup salted butter cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup double cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
What to do:
1. Begin by making the caramel sauce for your hot chocolate. To do this, add the sugar and water to a saucepan and on a medium heat. Stir well until the sugar has dissolved.
2. When the mixture starts to boil, stop whisking and leave until it turns a dark amber colour. Occasionally swirl the pan until the mixture reaches a deep orange-reddish colour.
3. Next, add in the butter and whisk well until it has fully melted before removing from the heat. Pour in the cream and whisk until the mixture is smooth.
4. Finally, stir in the sea salt.
5. Now that you've made the caramel sauce, you can now make the hot chocolate! Begin by whisking your Salted Caramel Matcha with milk until a froth forms.
6. Next, heat the milk in a saucepan on a medium heat. Once warm, add in the chocolate chips and caramel. Whisk well until the chocolate has melted!
7. Remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool slightly before pouring into a mug to serve. Top with cream, chocolate shavings and marshmallows if you're feeling adventurous!