Raspberry Ripple Muffins
Raspberry Ripple Muffins with an Eton Mess frosting... Have you ever heard of something so delicious?! I don't think I have! This recipe is a must for any cake or tea lover!
This recipe was created by our lovely Tea Rep: Amyleecupoftea
What you will need:
For the muffins:
- 250g of plain flour
- 1 Perfect Tea Spoon of baking powder
- 75g of butter
- 1 large egg
- 175ml of milk infused with 4 Perfect Tea Spoons of Tea & Toast
- 150g fresh raspberries
- 100g of golden caster sugar
- 1 Perfect Tea Spoon of Ice Cream Matcha
For the frosting:
What to do:
1. You’re going to want to start prepping the night before you make the cakes, by cold brewing 4 Perfect Tea Spoons of Tea & Toast in 200ml of milk - you could use dairy milk or a dairy-free alternative of your choice.
2. So, Fast forward to the next day... Preheat your oven to 180 and let's get started with the baking!
3. Start by adding the sugar and butter together in a mixer and mixing together until you get a creamy consistency.
4. Then, start sieving in the flour slowly, sieving it will help to remove any lumps. Keep mixing everything together and add the egg, milk, raspberries and matcha, continue to mix until the mixture is fully combined and smooth.
5. Now your mixture is ready, you want to split them into muffin cases (we put 3 Perfect Tea Spoons worth of mixture in one case). Then, pop them in the oven for 30 minutes.
6. When your timer goes ding you want to make sure that they are cooked through. To do this you can grab a knife or fork and stick them into one of the muffins if it comes out clean they are done, if not, pop them in the oven for another 5 - 10 minutes until they are!
7. When your muffins are done, transfer them onto a cooling rack so that they can cool whilst we make the frosting!
8. To make the frosting, you just need to mix together the icing sugar and butter. While you mix them add in the Eton Mess tea and vanilla extract, once that's all mixed together add the raspberries and mix for a couple of seconds, this will give it a “ripple” effect.
9. Once the muffins are cooled, use a piping bag to decorate the muffin with the frosting and add any additional toppings that you like!
10. Grab a muffin & a cuppa and enjoy!