Raspberry & Lemon Cake Loaf
Whilst the warm Spring weather doesn't seem to want to show it's face just yet, we thought we would cheer us all up and do some baking! This Raspberry & Lemon cake is topped with a raspberry glaze infused with our new spring tea, Raspberry Liquorice Laces.
This recipe was created by our Tea Rep: With Love Beauty Blog
What you will need:
- 3 Perfect Tea Spoons of Raspberry Liquorice Laces
- 1/4 cup of water
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups of cake flour
- 1 Perfect Tea Spoon of vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups of sugar
- 12 tbsp of butter
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2 Perfect Tea Spoons if baking powder
- 2 cups of confectioners' sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 Perfect Tea Spoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of milk
What to do:
1. The very first thing you need to do is, preheat the oven to 325 degrees and to grease your cake loaf tin with butter.
2. To start, you need to is measure out all of your ingredients and then sift your flour, salt and baking powder into a large mixing bowl.
3. You then want to grab your whisk (manual or electric, but an electric is a lot faster and saves your muscles!) and cream the butter until it has a fluffy texture. When you've done this, you want to gradually add your sugar and beat it in until fully combined and has a light, fluffy texture.
4. You then want to add in your eggs but make sure to do this one at a time and beat the mixture well after each egg (If you are using a manual whisk, your arm should be on fire just about now!).
5. It's now time to combine everything! So, you want to gradually add the flour to the butter mixture and stir as you go. You also need to add in your milk, vanilla, lemon zest and raspberries into the mix and combine fully.
6. When fully combined, pour the cake mixture (which should smell amazing!) into your pan that you prepared earlier. Bake for 1 hour or until your cake tester comes out clean. When cooked, leave to cool for about 20 minutes before attempting to remove it from the pan.
7. No cake is complete without a tasty glaze! So, to make this you need to steep your Raspberry Liquorice Laces tea in water for 10 minutes and strain. Once strained, add the confectioners' sugar and lemon zest and combine.
8. Pour your glaze on the top of the cake and serve!
Everything you need for this recipe:
Our IngenuiTEA tea brewers are perfect for making iced teas without any mess or if you want to leave your tea overnight to steep you can experiment with a Cold Brew Bottle.