Nearly Nirvana Jasmine Sticky Rice
Wanting something new to do with tea? How about using it to add extra flavour to your savoury dishes? We’ve developed a recipe using our Nearly Nirvana tea to create a delicate, floral addition to your rice dishes! The light and clean flavourings of jasmine and spearmint work perfectly when paired with fish or steamed Asian veggies! Give it a go and tell us what you think!
This fabulous recipe was created by Manchester Tea Mixologist, Frankie!
Serves: 2 - 4
What you will need:
What to do:
1. Thoroughly rinse your rice with cold water and set aside.
2. Put your Nearly Nirvana tea leaves into your Brewdini (or whatever brewing device you have) and brew for 3 minutes. Remember to splash some cold water onto your leaves before topping up with your pint of boiling water! White tea is delicate and you don’t want to burn it!
3. Once brewed strain the tea, pour into a pan and bring to the boil.
4. When the tea is boiling pop your rice into the pan and reduce the heat.
5. Cover the pan and cook for around 15 minutes or until the rice has absorbed all the tea.
6. Once cooked served right away. We served it with fish and steamed Asian veggies!