Mermaid Matcha Vegan Cheesecake
Who doesn't love a good cheesecake? Today we're making the ultimate no bake cheesecake with our delicious Mermaid Matcha! This amazing recipe was created by our very talented Tea Reps, find out how they did it:
Recipe created by: Bugs & Birds
Serves: 8 - 12
What you will need:
For the base:
- 200g of shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil (melted)
- 250g of chopped and pitted dates
For the filling:
What to do:
Before you start, you need to soak your cashew nuts in boiling water for an hour (or in cool water overnight).
To make the base:
1. Before you start, line your cake tin with grease-proof paper (nothing is worse than ruining your creation when it's stuck to the tin!).
2. Put your shredded coconut, chopped dates and coconut oil in a food processor and mix it on high until the mixture is fully combined and becomes grainy. You could do this in a blender if you don't have a food processor, it might just take a little longer!
3. When your base mixture is ready, transfer it into your cake tin and spread the base out evenly with your fingers (or a spoon if you wanna stay clean). Make sure you packed in down firmly so it sticks together.
4. Now pop it in the fridge and move on to making the filling.
To make the filling:
1. The first thing you need to do is combine your coconut cream, yogurt, oil, syrup and 4 - 6 Perfect Tea Spoons of Mermaid Matcha in a food processor (or blender). This should only take around 10 seconds.
2. When they are fully combined, add in your soaked cashews and keep on blending the mixture until it is smooth and creamy.
3. When the mixture is fully combined and the correct consistency, spread it evenly over the top of your cheesecake base.
4. When you've done this, put the cheesecake into the freezer for about 4 hours. If you freeze it for longer, don't forget to put it in the fridge to defrost before serving.