Tea infused watermelon cake (healthy cake!)
A super tasty, extra healthy cake... Yes! This tea-infused treat features a juicy watermelon, covered in coconut milk 'icing' infused with our tasty Watermelon Splash tea. If it looks like cake, then we are eating cake... the healthy way!
What you will need:
- 2 tins of coconut milk (chilled)
- 1 medium watermelon
- Flaked coconut
- Fresh fruit (for decoration)
What to do:
1. Brew your Watermelon Splash tea in the 50ml of warm water (80c - achieved by adding one part cold water to 4 parts hot water) for 3 minutes. Make sure not to brew the tea for any longer, as the tea starts to go bitter.
2. Strain your tea and set to the side to cool.
3. Grab your watermelon and remove the top and bottom of the fruit, then continue to carve away the sides of the watermelon. Use a kitchen towel and pat the melon dry to soak up any excess water.
4. Carefully spoon out the hardened coconut milk and put it into a bowl. Using an electric whisk, whip the coconut until thickened. Now add your Watermelon Splash tea to the whipped coconut and mix.
5. Add the coconut milk and Watermelon Splash mix to the outside of the watermelon, covering the melon evenly to get a nice icing effect. Garnish the melon with coconut flakes and add some fruit to give it a bit of extra flavour and colour. We used some pineapple for our watermelon cake.
6. Instagram your healthy cake (don't forget to tag us!) and enjoy!