Fairytale of NY Facial Toner & Scrub Set
The Holiday season is upon us and we couldn't resist using Fairytale of NY to create some beauTEAful gifts for our friends who love a good pampering!
Our Fairytale of NY tea blend contains rooibos and vanilla, both rich in antioxidants which is great for the skin along with the caffeine from the coffee beans to wake the skin up after all those late nights partying. Aloe in the toner adds a soothing and moisturising element to keep the skin nourished in the depths of winter. This is also a great DIY Christmas gift if you're on a budget as you may already have the ingredients in your cupboards!
This fabulous recipe was created by lovely Tea Rep: bugsandbirds
What you will need:
For the facial toner:
- 2 Fairytale of NY tea bags
- 1/2 cup of water
- 8 drops aloe vera
- 1 clean bottle to store in
For the facial scrub:
- 4 Fairytale of NY tea bags
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/3 cup almond oil
- 1 clean jar to store scrub in
What to do:
To make the facial toner you need to...
1. Carefully fill the bottle you will use for storage with boiling water to kill off any germs. Leave for a few minutes then empty.
2. Boil your water and steep the two teabags (or two teaspoons if you have loose leaf) for four minutes.
3. Once your tea has steeped mix the aloe vera in thoroughly. Then, using a funnel, you need to pour the liquid into your clean bottle and store it in the fridge.
4. Apply to skin following cleansing or whenever you feel the need for a freshen up, can also be placed in a spray bottle and used as a refreshing mist.
To make the facial scrub you need to...
1. Carefully fill the jar you will use for storage with boiling water to kill off any germs. Leave for a few minutes then empty and allow to dry.
2. Mix the dry ingredients together, four teabags (or teaspoons if you have loose leaf) of Fairytale of NY and caster sugar.
3. Add the almond oil, mixing in thoroughly with the dry ingredients. Keep mixing until you have a good consistency the scrub should be suitably wet but not dripping, you may need to add more oil or sugar to get the consistency just right and transfer into your clean container.
4. Apply to face in small circular motions after cleansing twice a week and rinse well for a glowing complexion.
We think that these would make a fantastic gift hamper for a special friend or family member in your life. You could adapt the recipe and infuse their favourite blend.