Fairytale of NY Chia Pudding
We've created the ultimate breakfast food, chai pudding infused with tea...COFFEE flavoured tea!! You've gotta try this recipe out if you love any of those things!
This fab recipe was created by Tea Rep: Teacachai
What you will need:
- 3 tablespoons Fairytale of NY
- 3/4 cup unsweetened canned coconut milk
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- Strawberries (Or toppings of your choice)
What to do:
1. The first thing you need to do is bring your coconut milk and almond milk to a simmer on the hob.
2. Once your milk is simmering, you need to add 3 tablespoons of Fairytale of NY tea into it and steep for 10 minutes. You can stir occasionally if you like!
3. Once your 10-minute timer has gone off, you need to strain the leaves out of the milk and discard them.
4. Now it's time to construct the pudding! Take 1 cup of milk, combine with sweetener and vanilla and let look. Once your milk has cooled down, add in your chia seeds and mix well to combine.
5. Then, put your chia pudding in the fridge for 15 minutes, take it out, stir it again and then put it back in the fridge for another 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, separate into 3 small ramekins or bowls and put it back in the fridge to thicken overnight.
The next morning:
6. Grab your chia pudding out of the fridge in the morning & enjoy!
NOTE - The chia pudding is all about consistency. If you like a thick pudding, use 1 cup liquid and 1/4
cup chia seeds but if you like it runnier, use 1 1/2 cup liquid (you might need to start with 1 cup
of coconut milk and 1 cup on almond milk to get the final 1 1/2 cup of steeped milk) per 1/4 cup
of chia seeds.