VITL & Bird & Blend Tea Co. | Coconut matcha ice cream
Our friends over at VITL have been creating some awesome tasty treats, combining their VITL superfood powder with our Pure Grade Matcha and making the most delicious tasty treats. Creamy, green tea ice cream with a coconut-almond milk base and sweetened with honey and dates. It's delicious!
VITL Greens powders are handy little sachets crammed with superfoods such as goji berries, flaxseed, wheat grass powder to give you a healthy kick to the day.
What you will need:
What to do:
1. Place coconut milk, almond milk, matcha, dates and honey in a blender and blend until well combined. Add arrowroot and mix again. Taste and adjust flavour as needed, adding more matcha, dates or honey.
2. Transfer to a mixing bowl and let chill for at least a few hours. Then pour into a pre-chilled ice cream maker and operate according to manufacturer's instructions. However, if you don't have an ice cream maker simply pour the "batter" into a freezer-safe container, cover, freeze, and stir/whisk every hour or so to aerate.
3. Once finished churning you can either eat it as soft serve or transfer it to a freezer-safe container and let it harden for 4-6 hours. This ice cream will keep in the freezer for a week or so but like most things it's best when consumed fresh.
4. Be sure to set out 20-30 minutes before serving to allow to soften.
5. Now garnish with coconut flakes and some cacao nibs if you're feeling fancy and enjoy!