Swampthing Matcha Gin Cocktail
Recipe by Tea Mixologist, Frankie, from our Tunbridge Wells store.
A potion of weird & wonderful flavours, our lavender, lime and pear matcha will undoubtedly be a fave. Why 'swampthing'? Not all magical things are unicorn shaped... This matcha resembles Shrek's swamp water but don't judge a brew by its colour! One cup packs double the antioxidants... with spirulina AND matcha!
What you will need:
- 1/2 teaspoon of of Swampthing Matcha (use our Perfect Matcha Teaspoon)
- 25ml gin of choice (London Dry Gin works great!)
- Cocktail shaker of ice
- 1tsp agave syrup / alternative thin syrup
- slice of lime & lavender sprigs to garnish (optional)
What to do:
- In a bowl, mix the matcha with 100ml of 80 degrees water & whisk until frothy.
- Pour the matcha mix into cocktail shaker of ice, along with 1 tsp agave syrup
- Add 25ml shot of gin
- Pour into serving pitcher, filtering out the ice
- Serve in glass of choice & garnish with a wedge of lime & a few lavender sprigs