Belle's Breakfast Biscuits
We decided to use a brand NEW tea, Belles Breakfast from the limited edition fairy-tale collection! An enchanted black tea combining the subtle flavours of rose and Turkish delight that go perfectly with a buttery shortbread biscuit.
This recipe was created by our Tea Reps: Blanch and Olive
What you will need:
What to do:
1. The first thing you need to do is preheat the oven to 180C and line a baking tray with baking parchment.
2. Then, add your butter, caster sugar and flour to a large mixing bowl and use your hands to combine them until they are like breadcrumbs.
3. To produce your rose tea flavour for the biscuits, heat up a small cup of milk in the microwave or the stove and by adding 1 tbsp of Belle's Breakfast into a tea sac and place in the milk for 4 minutes.
4. Next, add a tablespoon of milk to your mixture and knead for a minute or two until it forms a soft dough. Cover with cling film and pop in the fridge for half an hour to chill.
5. Once chilled, roll out your dough on to a floured surface until it’s about 1 cm thick and by using a cookie cutter cut out your biscuit shapes. You should be able to smell the subtle notes of rose and Turkish delight from the dough.
6. Once all biscuits have been cut out, place them on a baking tray and prick all over with a fork. Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or until golden in colour, then turn out on to a wire rack to cool!
7. Enjoy with a good cuppa!