Banana Bread Chai Porridge
There's nothing like a hot bowl of porridge on a frosty Autumn morning! So, we've taken it to the next level and created Banana Bread Chai Porridge...Could it get any more Autumnal?
Recipe created by: Our talented Tea Rep, Nutsmegseven
What you will need:
- 2 Perfect Tea Spoons of Banana Bread Chai
- 100g porridge oats
- 200ml milk (of your choice)
- 300ml water
- A handful of sultanas
- A pinch of salt
- 1 ripe banana, thinly sliced into coins
- A handful of fresh or frozen blueberries
- 25g of pecan nuts, roughly chopped
- 1- 2 Perfect Tea Spoons of maple syrup (or honey)
What to do:
2. Once it has come to a boil, you need to lower the heat and allow the mixture to simmer away for 5 - 10 minutes. This will allow the tea to infuse and create the delicious Autumnal flavour we are after!
3. When the 5 - 10 minutes is up, you need to grab a sieve and strain the milk into a jug in order to remove the tea leaves. You then want to return your liquid into the saucepan and turn the heat up to medium.
4. Next, add your oats, sultanas and salt to the saucepan and continue to stir frequently until the mixture thickens into a consistency that you are happy with! Once your porridge is almost done, add in half of your banana pieces and continue to mix. When you are happy with the consistency of your porridge, turn the heat off and set the saucepan aside.
5. You now want to grab a bowl and carefully pour your porridge into it (be very cautious, we do not want you to burn yourself). Now you can top your porridge with the other half of your banana, the blueberries and pecan nuts.
6. Drizzle on your syrup and enjoy!