Banana Bread Chai Loaf Recipe
Our Banana Bread Chai Loaf Recipe was made with one of our Chief Teabird Krisi's favourite blends ever! This scrummy loaf goes great as a dessert after a meal, a mid-morning snack- or just with a Great British Cuppa at any time of the day.
What you will need:
What to do:
1. First of all, preheat your oven to 180°C/Gas 4.
2. Get together your margarine and sugar and cream together in a bowl - I do this by hand with a wooden spoon as I don't have a magi-mix thing-y bob-y!
3. Heat the milk in a saucepan over a medium heat and add the Chai Tea, slowly bring to the boil, but don't actually let it boil! This will take about 6 - 8 minutes. Keep stirring throughout and your milk should end up a lovely brewed colour. Pour your milk through an infuser like item or sieve to filter out the loose tea, then let your milky tea cool.
4. Whilst your milk is cooling, roughly mash your bananas- making sure to keep it a little chunky.
5. Going back to your bowl of creamy margarine and sugar, add your egg, vanilla extract, mushy bananas and cooled milk and leave it to one side. Now grab half of your flour and bicarbonate of soda and sift into the same bowl, then fold into the mixture carefully. Once the mixture is fully mixed, sieve in the other half of flour and fold in again.
6. Grease your loaf or cake tin with margarine and pour in the mix. Set your oven timer for an hour, but keep your eyes on it - you want a lovely golden-brown colour and for your knife to come out clean when you test it.
7. Cool, serve and enjoy!
After a few days (if it has lasted that long) your loaf will go a little harder, but then it is great for toasting- serve with a generous spread of salted butter and a cup of tea. Bliss!
You could even dip it into honey, just like soldiers and eggs.