Vegan Eton Mess Milkshake Sundae
You hear us right, Teabirds...A VEGAN Eton Mess Milkshake Sundae! This recipe is not only delicious but we think it's a fantastic dessert for a dinner parTEA or a nice family dinner!
This recipe was created by our lovely Tea Reps: bugsandbirds
What you will need:
For Eton Mess Syrup:
- 200ml of hot or cold brewed Eton Mess tea
- 300g of caster sugar
For the rest of the Sundae:
- Frozen chopped banana
- Dairy-free milk of your choice
- Fresh strawberries
- Mini vegan meringues
What to do:
1. The first thing you need to do is make your Eton Mess syrup. To do this, bring 200ml of water to a boil, add 1 Perfect Tea Spoon of Eton Mess tea and infuse it for 5 minutes. Or, you could cold brew the tea the night before in 200ml of cold water.
2. Once the 5 minutes is up, strain the tea from the water and put the water back on a medium heat. Then, add in your caster sugar.
3. Heat the sugar and water on a medium heat and bring it to the boil, stirring constantly until the sugar dissolves. Once the water is boiling, pop a lid on the saucepan and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
4. Remove from the heat and decant into a jar to cool at room temperature and store in the fridge
5. Moving on to the rest of the sundae. The first thing you want to do is blend your frozen banana in a blender or food processor (a food processor works best!) with 50ml of dairy-free milk. If the mixture isn’t blending well, add a little more milk until it’s smooth.
6. Once your mixture is smooth, add a handful of fresh strawberries and blend mixture again until smooth again.
7. Spoon into a glass alternating with chopped fresh strawberries and swirl the Eton Mess sugar syrup through the ‘nicecream. Top with a sprinkle of mini meringues, a few slices of strawberry and a drizzle of sugar syrup.
Everything you need for this recipe:
Our IngenuiTEA tea brewers are perfect for making iced teas without any mess or if you want to leave your tea overnight to steep you can experiment with a Cold Brew Bottle.