Summer Berry Ice Tea Sundae
Have you ever wondered how you could combine tea and ice cream to make the perfect frozen dessert? The answer lies here! Learn how to prepare this fruity summer berry ice tea sundae, with a Raspberry Russian infused chocolate sauce. Featuring a mixture of frozen fruits, this dessert is healthy and delicious!
Recipe created by our talented Teabird, Kirsty- Journal of Curious Things Blog.
What you will need:
- 4 Perfect Tea Spoons of Raspberry Russian Tea
- 8 shortbread biscuits
- 200g frozen berries (we recommend using strawberries, raspberries and blueberries)
- 100g white chocolate
- 150ml single cream
- 4 scoops vanilla or any other flavoured ice cream
What to do:
1. First, pour the cream into a small saucepan and add the Raspberry Russian tea leaves (it's easier if you put the loose tea into a tea infuser sac so you can remove it later). Put the pan over a low heat until the cream just comes to the boil. Remove from the heat and leave the tea to steep for at least half an hour to allow the flavours to infuse into the cream.
2. When you've infused the cream, remove the tea and put the cream back on a low heat. Add the white chocolate and stir thoroughly, until the chocolate is melted and combined with the cream. Leave the sauce to cool.
3. Use a pestle and mortar to grind the shortbread into crumbs. Divide the biscuit crumbs between 4 glasses, leaving a couple of spoonfuls to sprinkle on top of the sundaes.
4. Split half the frozen berries between the four glasses and add a scoop of ice cream over the top to build up layers in the sundae glass.
5. Share the remaining berries between the four glasses, keeping one back to top off each glass.
6. Drizzle the tea and white chocolate sauce over the top of each sundae. Sprinkle over the last few biscuit crumbs and top each sundae with a final berry. Voila! The perfect summer dessert is ready to go.