Strawberry & Pomegranate Ice Cream
Summer is right around the corner! And what better way to celebrate than with a delicious BB ice cream.
This recipe was created by talented Tea Rep: Ladyos_cakesandbakes
What you will need:
What to do:
1. The first thing you need to do is heat the milk, tea and half the sugar until it comes to a boiling point, stirring occasionally to help the sugar dissolve.
2. Once the sugar has dissolved, remove from the heat, cover and leave to infuse for 1 hour. After an hour, push through a sieve into a large pan.
3. Put the egg yolks into a bowl with the remaining sugar. Beat with an electric mixer until pale and thick. Add 2 tbsp of the infused milk into the egg yolks and beat in to loosen the mix.
4. Bring the remaining milk mixture to the boil, take off the heat and stir in the egg mixture. Then, return to low heat and stir continuously until a custard forms that coats the back of a spoon.
5. Pour into a bowl, cover with cling film and leave to cool. Chill in the fridge overnight.
The next day...
6. Whip the double cream to soft peaks. Fold through the chilled custard and place in a tub. Leave the tub in the freezer for 4 hours, stirring every hour, then freeze overnight.
When ready to serve...
7. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before you're ready to serve it.