Ah... jelly and custard- a great go-to dessert when you're not sure what to have after dinner! Learn how to make a refreshing matcha-flavoured jelly that's sure to perk you up after a heavy meal!
Recipe created by Teabird Amy
What you will need:
What to do:
1. Put your matcha powder into a jug with a splash of just below boiling water (around 80 degrees) – this is important, you must not burn the powder or it will taste bitter. If you’re not sure, too cool is better than too hot! Whisk well to form a frothy paste.
2. Add the sugar and continue to mix.
3. Pour on up to 200ml of boiling water, then add the gelatine powder gradually to the water whilst continually stirring.
4. Top up with the jug with the remaining boiling water, pour into your serving bowl or mould and leave to cool. Once cool, leave in the fridge for a few hours until your jelly is set.
5. Top with cream to serve and enjoy!