Lemon Matcha Vol-au-Vents
Vegan friendly delicious puff pastry vol-au-vents with scrumptious sweet tooth filling. Perfect for impressive party canapés! Recipe by Hyperiontacos
What you will need:
- 1 sheet vegan vol au vent cases or puff pastry
- 1 can full fat coconut milk, refrigerated
- 1 medium avocado
- 1c strawberries, chopped
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp Bird & Blend Tea Co. Lemon Matcha
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Icing sugar, whole strawberries and fresh mint for garnish
What to do:
1. Open can of coconut milk and scoop the solidified cream into a food processor or blender. Save the remaining liquid for a smoothie!
2. Add avocado, maple syrup, matcha powder and lemon zest to coconut cream and blend until smooth. Allow to set in fridge while you prepare the vol au vent cases.
3. If using pre-made vol au vent cases, prepare according to directions on packaging and skip to step 5. If using puff pastry, roll sheet flat and cut out circles, placing them on a greased or lined baking sheet. Score a smaller circle inside the larger one, being careful not to cut all the way through the dough, leaving at least half an inch between scored circle and perimeter. Bake according to packaging directions.
4. When vol au vent cases have baked, remove from oven and allow to cool. Carefully remove scored circle so that you are left with a little well in the centre of each casing. Sprinkle with icing sugar. The discarded centres are delicious with vegan butter!
5. Stir chopped strawberries into matcha mixture.
6. Spoon strawberry/matcha mixture into each vol au vent casing and garnish with a whole strawberry and mint leaves.