Chocolate Digestives Cheesecake
This Chocolate Digestives cheesecake tastes glorious and works just as well with other tea blends. Follow this easy step by step recipe by Amy Lee Cup of Tea.
Serves: 8 - 10
What you will need:
- 4 Perfect Tea Spoons of Chocolate Digestives tea
- 100g of crushed chocolate digestive biscuits
- 50g of demerara sugar
- 50g of melted, unsalted butter
- 500g cream cheese (I used full fat, but low fat would work fine)
- 100g of icing sugar
- 1 sliced vanilla pod
- 200ml lightly whipped double cream
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 bag of crushed chocolate buttons
What to do:
1. Put 100g of chocolate digestives in a sandwich bag and smash with a rolling pin until they're finely crushed
2. Mix together the biscuit, melted butter and demerara sugar.
3. Spoon the mixture into a baking tin which is lined with baking paper & press down using a metal spoon so that the base is even and firm, then put in the fridge to set for about 45 minutes
4. Heat up the double cream to a fairly low heat, then add the loose tea and vanilla pod. Let it stay on a low heat for about 5 minutes, then allow to sit and brew for a further 5 minutes.
5. Mix together the cream cheese and icing sugar.
6. Strain the tea and vanilla out of the cream and then fold the cream into the cream cheese mixture, making sure it's all mixed thoroughly.
7. Spoon the cream cheese mixture onto the base and allow to set in the fridge for approx. 1 hour.
8. Sprinkle the crushed chocolate buttons over the cheesecake.