Hot Cross Bun Loaf
Time for some Easter baking! If you're doing the same, why not try this Hot Cross Bun tea infused loaf! It is delicious and the perfect treat to enjoy with a hot cuppa!
Recipe created by lovely Tea Reps: Bugsandbirds
What you will need:
What to do:
1. The first thing you need to do is grease and line your loaf tin and preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
2. Brew the Hot Cross Bun tea for three minutes, remove the tea leaves and then place the tea in a small bowl with the sultanas. Soak the sultanas until you are ready to add them to the cake mix.
3. Cream the margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. In a separate bowl, sieve the flour and baking powder together.
4. Mix the egg replacer in a small bowl with 6 tbsp of warm water until it goes frothy. Add the egg replacer to the cake mix and gradually fold in the flour using a metal spoon so you don’t knock out any air in the mixture. And, drain and stir in the sultanas until evenly mixed.
5. Pour the cake mixture into the tin and bake for approx 40 minutes, until lightly brown and cooked on the inside. A skewer should come out clean when poked into the middle of the tin, if it doesn’t, bake for a few minutes longer and try again.
6. Allow the loaf cake to cool before cutting.
7. Enjoy with a hot cup of tea!