Iced Tea: The Go-To Summer Refreshment
The sun has been shining (yay!)
With summer right around the corner, Bird & Blend HQ have been getting excited about drinking more of our healthy and refreshing iced teas!
Great news guys! Making iced tea at home couldn’t be easier with our simple tips. Here’s how…
First Things First...Choose Your Tea!
All of our teas at Bird & Blend can be made into iced tea so if you already have your fave, just follow the simple steps below. Not sure what vibe to go for? Then check out our recommended cold brew tea and grab some to experiment with until you find your personal favourite!
1. The Super Speedy Way
- Add one heaped teaspoon of loose leaf tea to every 200ml of hot water (about half a glass)
- Steep as per brewing instructions*
- Once ready pour over a glass loaded with ice. Some ice will melt balancing the tea to the perfect strength
In our stores, and at home, we use an IngenuiTEA brewer - the best, no fuss teapot. You can't get a better loose leaf brewer - in our humble opinion!
2. The Easy 'Prepare Ahead' Way
Steep your tea as above, then pop it in the fridge to cool for a few hours.
3. The ‘Hip’ Cold Brew Way
Use our super stylish and innovative Cold Brew Tea Bottle, with a built in infuser. A very fun way to make your delicious cold brew tea!
Add some sparkling water and fresh fruits to a pitcher of iced tea to make it even more refreshing and perfect party drinks.
GET CREATIVE! Be a true Tea Mixologist and mix up delicious tea cocktails from your iced teas!
- One of our favourite (and super speedy) cocktails to make is our classic Strawberry Lemonade Tea with a dash of vodka.
- If you’re a fan of rum our cheeky iced MojiTEA cocktail is a must!
- Take a look at our recipe for MojiTEA tea cocktail.
Stay Updated: Keep checking our recipe page for more ideas, we update it all the time. Share your iced tea brews on our social media pages and potentially get a feature on our instashop - we’d love to see your creations!