Tea infused compote
A batch of this will sit happily in the fridge for a week – simply spoon onto hot porridge, or serve with yoghurt or granola. You could even enjoy it for dessert with ice cream, or use it to accompany a simple slice of cake.
Recipe by Nutmegs_seven.
What you will need:
- 400ml water
- 2 tsp Bird & Blend Tea Co. Bears Like Marmalade tea (or other tea of your choice)
- 100g dried apricots
- 150g dried prunes
- 100g dried cranberries
What to do:
1. Put the water in a medium saucepan and bring to the boil.
2. Add the loose tea to the water, turn off the heat and set aside for 15 minutes to infuse
3.Strain the tea through a sieve or tea strainer and return it to the pan (discard the tea leaves). Bring to a low simmer, then add the dried fruit.
4. Turn the heat down to a very gentle simmer, cover the pan and cook for around 1 hour, until the fruit has swelled and the liquid has turned syrupy.
5. Check halfway through the cooking time - if it looks too dry, add a little more water. You want some orange-scented syrup left in the pan, but you don’t want it to be too watery.
6. Set aside to cool a little before serving, or refrigerate and eat it cold.
7. Add sliced orange segments or thinly sliced apple, if you like.
Enjoy! Great on porridge, yoghurt, granola, or with ice cream or crème fraiche for dessert.